Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
hooked

Windows 10

Postby hooked » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:53 am

Hi,

I just updated the laptop running Picsender to WIN 10 (Probably a mistake) Anyway, now when I launch Picsender, I get a message saying Netframework 3.5 is required by the program. All efforts to download Netframework are met with an error. It must have been resident on the PC before the upgrade because PicSender was working fine before. I realise it is a windows issue but hoping you guys have seen this before and can give me some direction.

THANKS

Daryl

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Re: Windows 10

Postby Picengravertoo » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:52 am

Hi Daryl,

What error are you getting? John is the Win 10 expert, but I did find this info that may help you.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ins ... 7a4?auth=1

Jeff

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:10 am

Daryl,

I have Win 10 running PicSender on 3 laptops now, but have not seen that issue. All three were updated from a previous Windows version (two from Win 7 and one from Win 8) that were running PicSender with no issues. I did not do a clean Win 10 install, which may account for your problem if you did.

You might also be able to roll your computer back to its previous Windows version. I know this is possible with a Win 10 update install, but not sure if with a clean install.

If Jeff's info does not help, please let us know, and I will do some more research on a possible fix.

John

Edit: With a quick internet search, it seems as if your problem is a common issue for some people when updating to Windows 10, with quite a few posting ways to install 3.5 framework.

hooked

Postby hooked » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Guys,

Thanks for your prompt replies. John I have also run PicSender from Win10 on two other computers without issue. Jeff I tried the steps as per your link and had the same problem. The answer is to install NetFramework from the WIN10 ISO image file. This can be done via command line or via a utility that I found to do the job. Now up and running. Woohoo.

Daryl

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:05 pm

Daryl,

thank's for keeping us updated with the information of your resolution.

Jeff

Return to “PicSender”