No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Re: Can´t connect Picsender to my machine

Postby Picengraver » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Jeff, Jose,
Sorry, I forgot about the board difference. Probably explains why I can connect to 8c and run files, even though I did create an error in PS.

I do need to include a fix for 8c for the error I did find anyway, and maybe Jose can test it on his board when I release an update.

John

Jose

Postby Jose » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Jeff, John,

I´ll wait for that fix then.

I got some info about the machine from the seller (mechanical info about gears and betls), will try to get info about the pins used too. I got some responses from them even if their english is even worse than mine... :roll:

Thanks for your help, saludos,

Jose

Meanwhile will keep playing with dithering settings and studying the DAC design, doesn´t looks so easy after seeing it at the manual file in pic5... :mrgreen: .. Laso played with VFR settings, but the machine doesn´t run fast enough when the pixels are 0.254 and below

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Jose,

We just uploaded V2.0.10 of PicSender and you can download it here. viewforum.php?f=26

Let us now if it works for you without any errors with your 8c grbl.

Thanks.
Jeff

Jose

Postby Jose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:29 am

Ok, this is what I just have done.

Uninstall PicSender, then go to the link and click in the one that indicates "PicSender and ..."

After that appears a message so I download and run it ( after closing explorer cause installer tell me to close all other applications). Install It and run it and I get the same warning message and the same freezing.

Then I has rebooted the laptop and run PicSender again.Same thing. It seems to connect but gives the warning message and if I try to move any axis clicking in the button I get the warning message again.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help, Saludos,

José

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:10 am

Jose,

You did not need to uninstall PS, but try deleting the subfolder PicSender in the ProgramData system folder and try installing it again. The ini file may be corrupt.

Are you using the grbl Z Code, or grbl PWM Code Mode?

Does the Nano have a reset button? If so, try resetting it too.

Without us having the original grbl hex file and controller you have to test here, it's real hard to diagnose, but we will keep trying.

Thanks.
Jeff

Jose

Postby Jose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi Jeff,

I did both ways and no luck.

Using GRBL Z Code.

Atfer showing me "Initializing" in the central window, then its says the same first line than my other streamer. (0.8c...)
but that is the only lines it displays. In the other streamer after this it starts to show the settings ...

Then right after this appears the warning message named above.

Tried reseting the board with the reset buton, and, as I was afraid cause I did worked with nanos two or three years ago, things went worse... :roll: ...PicSender keeps freezing like before, but now the laser doesn´t turn on.

I tried with the manual switch in the PCB to turn it on (normally whenYou do this the laser turns on but with low power)and it lighted once but with a very wide focal point (as usual did with low power) and has not been able to turn on again.

When I sent the M03 command in the GRBL streamer the fan (which is connected together with the laser) turns on but the LD keeps off.

Maybe is a problem with the nano not sending enough power or the pin (pins) to control the laser modulation not sending the signal. So or now I´m grounded till I find a solution.

Right now going to contact customer support to check if can repair it in here or better send it to them (easier for them to replace pieces and find the problem)

Any idea to try while I contact them ad get their address to send back the PCB and the laser ?(will keep the machine, I like it and maybe in the meantime try to find another controler for keepying playing with it.

Thanks for your help, you are a great team, saludos,

Jose

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Darn Jose, sorry to hear that. I have reset our UNO a few times without any issues.

Changing everything will be a project. I noticed they changed the laser driver to a separate board on there new version. They may have had allot of problems with the one like yours and that was the reason for the changed. Hit them up for for the new style controller & laser driver.

Jeff

Jose

Postby Jose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi Jeff, thanks for your condolences. :) Don´t worry, begginings are so... ;) For my experience I know this minis are no as "robust" as their big brother the UNO

Do You have a link to that another newer board for me to take a look before getting in contact with them?

Thanks, Saludos,
Jose

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:36 pm

Jose,

The best option would be an UNO R3 (real one, not a knockoff) a GShield for driving the steppers https://www.inventables.com/technologies/gshield

We use a GShield on our Shapeoko and ran many hours without any issues. We added copper heat sinks to the chips with a fan cooling them.

http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Copper-Coo ... heat+sinks

For the laser driver, you could use a Flexmod P3.

https://innolasers.com/shop/index.php?i ... er=product

or a SimpleDrive. They normally sell a single channel, but they must be out of them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-channel-3A-ch ... 234a3e2ad8

You will need the data of the Laser Diode you have for setting the bias and gain on the driver.

If you want more LD power.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2W-445nm-M-Type ... 27cdba750f

You will need a heat sink for it. Something like this with a fan blowing down across it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-TYPE-Profes ... 35dbba741d

With it setup this way and the J-Tech grbl flashed to the UNO, you get PWM out on pin 11 and will vary the intensity with S commands.

It adds up and like I said, it will be a project.

Jeff

Jose

Postby Jose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:07 pm

What laser driver do you use on your shield?

Saludos,
Jose

Return to “PicSender”