Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
rich1976

Re: Post processor for aspire with picconvert

Postby rich1976 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:28 am

I know I can do b/w in pic engrave. Have been having some trouble with the images. The point of me using the m10 and m11 is for simple outlines. I find if I get my laser focused really fine, the dots are minimal. I believe i saw 8n one post something about giving a dummy axis command to initiate m10 m11 faster. What commands would I need to edit in pprocessor?

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:49 am

You could setup a profile in Mach3 for using the Z axis to control the PicConvert board and use the A axis to jog the Z axis stepper to set the focal height (if you have a Z axis). That way you can just use Z axis commands in Aspire for your outlines & B&W/grayscale image engraving with PEP6 too.

rich1976

Postby rich1976 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:30 pm

I use z axis now for height. My laser is excusable so close is all I really need on height. Then I focus to a fine point. My machine is chinese 4x8 router. I use magnets to hold the laser to a plate I made the is chucked into the spindle and bolted to the router shroud. Smoothstepper board with mb2 board from Thailand . I have b and c axis available. Really don't want to remove z and a when I want to use the router.

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:22 pm

You can setup a different profile for just the laser in Mach3 so the PicConvert uses different step & direction pins for running the Z axis gcode commands from Aspire or PEP6 to control the laser. In that profile set the A axis step & direction pins for jogging the Z axis stepper to adjust the focal height instead. You will have to change your steps per, velocity and accels in Motor tuning for the Z & A axis changes. You don't have to remove Z.

You can create a new profile by cloning your router profile, name new (laser?) and make your settings changes.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (24.44 KiB) Viewed 276 times

When you want to run your router, open the Mach3 profile for it.

I would help you with the Post Processor, but I don't use any Vectric software programs to even know where to start.

rich1976

Postby rich1976 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:11 pm

I got ya. I will give it a go when I get in the shop. I think it's 27 in there today. Monday was in the 80s.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:56 am

Rich,
Attached is a Cut2D pp file I used with Mach3 and the M10Px/M11Px commands several years ago. I do not have Aspire, so not sure what will need to be changed to use this with Aspire. Hope it helps.

Mach3_Laser2.zip
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

Return to “CNC Controller Discussions”