Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
ggbusmgr

Picengrave Pro6 - Carbide Motion v4

Postby ggbusmgr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:15 pm

Asking if anyone has had a problem with getting a GRBL error " feed rate not set or has not been defined". CM4 has GRBL 1.1 and I'm trying to run the gcode on a standard S3 with Carbide Motion v4. It will run on my S2 when opened in Picsender and I have GRBL .9. It doesn't matter if I develope gcode in spindle mode or laser mode. Seems as though there's a conflict with Pro6 and the GRBL 1.1 in CM4.

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Re: Picengrave Pro6 - Carbide Motion v4

Postby Picengravertoo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi Greg,

Have you tried using PicSender with your S3?

Jeff

ggbusmgr

Postby ggbusmgr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi Jeff, I haven’t figured out how to use Picsender with CM4. After I home and position it ask to load the gcode file I want to use. I don’t see an option to use Picsender to load into CM4. I developed a gcode with MeshCAM and it ran ok on the S3.

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Don't use CM4 at all. Just use PicSender and connect to your S3's Com Port just like you do with your S2.

ggbusmgr

Postby ggbusmgr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Connected with Picsender and got Gbrl error 9. It’s something either on line #24 or before

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:54 pm

Did you select the $H button (Reference Home), or $X (Kill Alarm Lock) first before trying to run the file?

ggbusmgr

Re: Picengrave Pro6 - Carbide Motion v$

Postby ggbusmgr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:08 pm

I didn't select it but it appears to be enabled. I attached the screens when I opened PS and after I loaded the gcode

I also got a GBRL note that automatic switching wasn't enabled. I attached a screen shot of that note.
Attachments
grbl note.jpg
grbl note.jpg (22.2 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (350.05 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
screen1.jpg
screen1.jpg (324.47 KiB) Viewed 1663 times

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:15 pm

Select the Yellow GRBL button, then select Spindle for the mode. If your grbl settings do not appear in the left edit window, select the GRBL Settings button. Verify your grbl settings are correct for Spindle use and if they are not, edit them. Then select the Save button and save your settings to the spindle.txt file. Select the Laser mode and edit the settings for Laser use, then select Save. Save those settings to the laser.txt file. Select Send so PicSender changes the grbl settings to the S3 board. Now select the Use Auto Settings, so when changing between the Spindle & Laser modes, PicSender will load/change the grbl settings automatically and it will no longer come up with that irritating message every time you connect to the Com port.

ggbusmgr

Postby ggbusmgr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Tried the things you recommended and tried to run but I got a message error 9 "G code locked out during alarm or job state"
Also got a small window that says gcode error in the first 24 lines and to fix. But I don't know what would be the error. The previous screen shot I sent has the code up to line 24 except for the very beginning lines.

I used the homing in CM4 to position the bit to workpiece and zeroed everything there. Then got out of CM4 and opened PicSender. Loaded the program and got the Error9 when I hit send.

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Picengravertoo wrote:Don't use CM4 at all. Just use PicSender and connect to your S3's Com Port just like you do with your S2.

Picengravertoo wrote:Did you select the $H button (Reference Home), or $X (Kill Alarm Lock) first before trying to run the file?

Return to “CNC Controller Discussions”