Jerky Motion (Mach3, ESS, PicConvert)

Mach3, grbl, ect.
Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
6of1

Re: Jerky Motion (Mach3, ESS, PicConvert)

Postby 6of1 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Hey Jeff, just wanted to thank you & let you know I gave up.. I returned the PicConvert (both the original and test unit) to Jay. I just couldn't spend anymore time on it. Was it the ESS? the PicConvert? Mach3? No idea. What I do know is that the way it was working was not reliable enough for production, couldn't trust it losing position every time. Jay was super helpful, told him that when I get the machine setup with other HW/SW and have time, I might need to give it another go.

The plan is to get UCCNC/UC300ETH running, get caught up on work and toy with the laser when I have free time. I got it sorta working already with PWM output. M3, M10Q###, M11 & M5. How could I use PicEngrave Pro 6 with this setup/commands? I might need to start another post, lol.

6of1

Postby 6of1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:17 am

I guess what I am asking is.. In PEP6 is there a way to setup the "Laser Control Command" & "Laser Off" like in PicLaser?

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Try the 3D Laser Profile. The settings will default to a M106 S for the Laser On Command and a M107 for the Laser Off Command, but you can change those settings.

Return to “CNC Controller Discussions”