Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
kooka

analog control

Postby kooka » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:49 pm

hi all, I am trying to get analog control sorted for my setup using the digital method described in the laser setup pdf. I am unsure how to produce the g code to engrave the pcb that is also pictured in the setup instructions . I would very much appreciate if anyone could provide any info on how to produce the g code from the pcb layout pictured or even better have the g code to machine the pcb they are willing to share. thank you.
Dave

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Re: analog control

Postby Picengraver » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:34 am

Dave,
I did not machine engrave my prototype circuit board with a spindle, I used a laser to engrave the traces on a painted pc board, then etched the traces with pc etchant solution. The remaining paint was then removed with acetone.

I used Vectric's Cut2D to produce the gcode for my laser machine, so the gcode file I used will not work for a spindle machine. I can email you my prototype dxf file if it will help.

If you do not have a way to produce the gcode from the DWG, I will be glad to try and produce a gcode file for you, but I will need to know how to set it up for your machine (feed rate, Z depth, toolbit, number of passes, etc).

Please let me know. You can contact me via email at the 'Contact us' link below.
John

Return to “Hardware Discussions”