Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
Honk

Re: Intensity Varying

Postby Honk » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Oh by the way, I have a problem sizing for the pixel resolution other than 0 and 2 .If I use a multiplier 1.25=.008, 1.48=.007, 1.666=.006 The size will not match the 3D router engraving. I have tried to adjust the pixel resolution decimal to compensate for the difference but PEP will not go past 4 places and in a 36 inch picture it can be off over 1 inch using three decimal places. Now there is a real good chance I don't have a clue about what I just said. So I'll try to get things going when I get things going again.
Thanks again Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:21 pm

Jerry,

Can't you adjust the size with the Pixel Resolution first in PEP5 and then size/scale in BobCad/Cam to match it for the spindle engraving? Your Pixel Resolution should be set in PEP5 based on your laser's burn line width.

Jeff

Honk

Postby Honk » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:29 pm

Jeff
I think I use .005 because it looked a lot better than .01 and was by far a lot easier to work with. I was getting good results so I got lazy. I'll work on it more when this is going again. I can do that in BobCad but I size first in Paint Shop Pro and import it into BobCad and PEP. I'll work on it more when I figure out what the correct size for pixel resolution should be.
Thanks again Jerry
Did you see the last entry I made on page 1 ? I took the motor off for that axis and tried to see what it was doing. I could not see anything pulling the bearing but it did feel real rough. I am going to change to a different linear bearing system. This would be a real good system for Lawn Mowers not lasers. If new bearings work the same as these bearings I'll be back.
Thanks

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi Jerry,

How about after Paint Shop Pro, run the image through the PEP editor twice with the Auto sizing option. Once for BobCad/Cam with a .01" Pixel Resolution and then save for it. Then load the original image again and Auto size with the Pixel Resolution for the Laser your going to use in PEP5 and save as a different file for it. That way it will be scaled for each process, but will be the same size when generating the gcode in each separate program. Just a thought.

Yes, I seen your entry on page 1. You sure need smooth precision movement for laser engraving.

Jeff

Honk

Postby Honk » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Jeff
That might work good I'll give it a try. I will probably need a few more files than that as I don't have that Z height for PEP using BobCad and I usually have 3 or 4 extras burns for the 1/4 inch focus range on my laser.
Thanks again Jerry

Honk

Postby Honk » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:07 am

lion.jpg
lion.jpg (170.24 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
I did some adjusting to the bearings on the rails but they will still need to be changed. I was able to get to be useable but it definitely still has a problem. This is at 110 I.P.M., .005 Pixel Resolution, 25%, Horizontal, 3 height changes on Z, 24 in. X 24 in., on Poplar. I am going to do this again in 4 levels when I get new linear rail bearings. I sure am hoping that is what the problem was, I am almost sure it will do something.
Thanks Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Looks good Jerry,

Your able to engrave faster also which must have saved you time. I sent you something, so :ygm)

Jeff

Return to “Hardware Discussions”