Montana Raccoon

Show us what you have made with our Pic Software.
Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
Honk

Montana Raccoon

Postby Honk » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:15 am

raccoon2.jpg
raccoon2.jpg (78.52 KiB) Viewed 3309 times

3D off of my new laser. 95 IPM, Horizontal, 25% FRC .007 Resolution, Poplar. Used PEP5 & PL3D with the PICSender. It's Going to be a while getting use to the GRBL. It's not real fast, 95 IPM and I am not sure how fast I will be able to get it but it is 3 times faster than my other laser now.
Thanks Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Re: Montana Raccoon

Postby Picengravertoo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:25 am

Very impressive Jerry and I'm glad your getting everything worked out. If i'm understanding correctly from your other thread, you are using a Z axis MAX depth of -.625"? There is no CNC controller that can change from a Zero Z axis depth (white) to -.625" depth (black) fast in a very short X&Y axis move of .007".

Any Z axis distance moves (in between shades) then the X&Y step ahead distance (Pixel Resolution) will slow down the overall feedrate.

Thanks for sharing. Jeff

Honk

Postby Honk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Jeff
Thanks for the input. I will try some other settings, is there a starting point you might suggest. The depth is something I would like to stick with so I will reduce the pixel resolution some and see what it will do. Is this assumption correct; the resolution adds more lines to the job, so Z has to move up and down more times between black and white to do the same job? It will also add space between the lines, so I am looking for something That still looks good but will go faster? Did I say that right?
Thank you
Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:51 pm

Jerry,
If your Z axis can handle a higher acceleration without loosing steps, that would help with the overall feedrate, so try increasing it.
Jeff

Return to “Gallery”