Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
Bellybuster

Text only project

Postby Bellybuster » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:49 pm

Piclaser... How on earth can I do a text only project. I have tried creating a BMP of text only but it won't import, get a Unhandled aException error.
Thanks for any help

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Re: Text only project

Postby Picengraver » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Please attach your BMP file and we will check it out. Not all BMP file formats are supported in PicLaser, but they should all load into the Editor so they can be converted to the accepted format.

Getting the exception message indicates there is something wrong with the file, but I am not 100% sure of this.
John

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:38 am

Just remember that a text only image file should be edited in the PicLaser image editor for the engraving size based on the Pixel Resolution (step over) setting, then saved and reopened, then dithered (Threshold Algorithm?) and saved again.

If you want to speed up the engraving process, run your gcode file through PicFRC, so it will increase the feedrate in white areas and slow to burn the text.

John, our forum will not let you upload bmp format files. He could send it to the email address his registration email came from for us to test the format.

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Ok, we found the image file extension permissions for the forum. A bmp image file format can now be uploaded. ;)

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:13 pm

:Bravo!

Bellybuster

Postby Bellybuster » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Thanks for the replies, I don't have the file as I could not load it so I got rid of it.
I was simply making an image in The Print Shop, saving as a bmp and attempting to open for editing. I will try a different graphics program

Return to “PicLaser or PicLaser Lite”