Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
cmkelly01

Pendant stops working

Postby cmkelly01 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:19 pm

I am using a numeric keypad USB pendant with PicSender. When I first connect PicSender to my Shapeoko, the pendant works as expected, However, after I run a gcode file (ending with an M02 command), the pendant no longer works. The PageUp/PageDown buttons do nothing, when they used to successfully control Z or S. The arrow keys only cause PicSender to toggle between Spindle, Laser Vector, and Laser Raster, with no effect elsewhere (they used to successfully control X and Y movements). I can only get it working by resetting PicSender, and going through the homing process, etc. Any idea on how to get the pendant working without having to do a reset?

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Re: Pendant stops working

Postby Picengravertoo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 pm

What version of PicSender are you running?

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Following.

cmkelly01

Postby cmkelly01 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:41 pm

I'm using v2.9.0.2.

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Have you disabled ALL of the USB Power Managements on your PC?

cmkelly01

Postby cmkelly01 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:09 pm

Picengravertoo wrote:Have you disabled ALL of the USB Power Managements on your PC?

Yes, I've gone through item by item to disable all. I just fired up PicSender again, and the keypad works fine at start-up. I can click on a desktop (W10) icon, and use the arrow keys to move around the desktop. I can then select PicSender, and the keyboard keys work properly to move the machine. However, once I run a gcode program, the keyboard becomes disabled in PicSender, but still works to move around the desktop. The PicSender screen buttons work to move the machine, but the keypad doesn't do anything.

cmkelly01

Postby cmkelly01 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:15 pm

In fact, as soon as I load a program, the keypad becomes disabled. I don't even have to run it.

However, if I load the program, and then home the machine, the keypad works. If I home the machine and then load the program, the keypad becomes disabled.
Last edited by cmkelly01 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:32 pm

I just tested v2.9.02 here and found no problems even after running a gcode file with a M02 at the end. Do you have the Num Lock turned off on the keypad and Keyboard? Are you selecting the PicSender screen somewhere to enable the keypad before trying to use it?

I had my keypad crap out recently and had to replace it. It was acting real flakey. Do have another one there to try?

We will continue to test here.
Thanks.
Jeff

cmkelly01

Postby cmkelly01 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:22 pm

Yes, Num Lock is off. I typically use the PicSender on-screen jog buttons to verify that I'm fully connected, then I try the keypad. As I said previously, I only have to load a program (not even run it) in order to disable the keypad. I can try an alternate keyboard, but I don't think that's the problem. The keypad is new, and it disables at predictable times, and it's repeatable. I'll keep poking around. Thanks.

cmkelly01

Postby cmkelly01 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:50 pm

So, now it's working!! Must be something funky with my particular setup, so I'll have to figure it out what's causing it. Thanks for verifying that it's not PicSender, and thank heavens for Jack Daniels!

Return to “PicSender”