Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
wmgeorge

Re: Homing In GRBL

Postby wmgeorge » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Well I placed at upper Right because I thought that was where grbl Homing $H went? I just wanted to keep it standard. But I guess if your programs and J Techs and Inkscape all use lower left its kind of waste of time to go to the other corner. I did get it to work one time, maybe that fake Z switch is defective, will check that out. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

wmgeorge

Postby wmgeorge » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Picengraver wrote:With homing, the Z push button switch should have to be pushed TWICE for the Z before X/Y will home.

It does not matter where Home position is, that is the Machine Zero position. You can set Work Zero anywhere you want, regardless of where the Home position is with the G28.1(?) command. Work Zero is what is used to set the zero point of the material.

John

Thanks John!!

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:39 pm

You are quite welcome.. Machine zero and Work zero subjects and how to set them up are very confusing for most new users.

GRBL can be recompiled to eliminate the Z homing movements, leaving only X/Y, but that is a little beyond my pay grade. :lol:

John

wmgeorge

Postby wmgeorge » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:11 pm

Ok, Pressing 2 times got it working, and I had the X and Y wires switched around but that was handled and all is well. Thanks guys. BTW I did run a file and after the Homing cycle it went to the start of the file and ran just fine and since it was a vector file the S750 command outputted the correct voltage on the PWM wire pin #11.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:20 pm

:Bravo!

pineflatdecor

Postby pineflatdecor » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:30 pm

When I click the homing button(reference home) it’s giving me error 5? I checked and my $22=0 is set

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:16 pm

$22=1 is Homing enabled.

Return to “CNC Controller Discussions”