Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
nJed

Pause in the middle of nc file

Postby nJed » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Good Day:

I'm having a small issue using picsender (2.7.6). I have a relatively small nc file that engraves in approx ten minutes. Slightly more than half way thru the project the laser engraver (emblaser) pauses for a few seconds with the laser staying @ full power resulting in a noticeable extra burn in the middle of the engraving.

The machine has all power management and screen savers turned off, and I was next to the computer when this happened - there did not appear to be any indication for the reason for the pause. Perhaps the emblaser controller had run out of memory and had to load the next segment of the nc file. In any case: has anyone run across similar issues? Any suggestions for a remedy? Thanks in advance for any replies / assistance.

-Ed

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Re: Pause in the middle of nc file

Postby Picengravertoo » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi Ed,

I recommend you download and install the latest version 2.9.0.2 of PicSender.

https://www.picengrave.com/PicSender.htm

If your running a Vector gcode file (from Cut2D Laser?), make sure you select the "Vector Gcode". If you run a Raster engraving file, Un-select it.

Jeff

nJed

Re: Pause in the middle of nc file

Postby nJed » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks Jeff. I am using a vector gcode file from CUT2D.....I'll check the settings and give the new version a try.

I appreciate the feedback.

-Ed

Return to “PicSender”