Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
comeollas

Full screen

Postby comeollas » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:52 am

Hi, first i love pic sender this software solved all problems when i make V-Carves and laser pictures (random freeze with ugs).

I have 23" touch screen LCD monitor and i want to put pic sender in full screen. It's posible to config picsender for fit in 1920x1080 screen?

It's difficult to click to some buttons with this software size :?

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Re: Full screen

Postby Picengraver » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:47 pm

PicSender will not go full screen at this time. The screen is fixed from when PicSender was first released and we found that having a changeable screen caused errors with laser engraving gcode. I will look into doing something to help this issue in a future update. I do understand the issues with using larger touch screens, which are becoming more common and less costly now.
John Champlain

comeollas

Postby comeollas » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:21 am

Thanks for the reply.

Yes this monitors now are very affordable 23" with 3M microtouch screen in a templered glass 100$ in second hand market (in Spain i buyed this maybe in usa is more cheaper).

comeollas

Postby comeollas » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:34 am

I put some things i think can work (maybe not jejeje but i try to help and make a feedback).

I don't know how you fix the screen size, but if you have errors without fixed screen you can make 2 versions of picsender one with different fixed sizes now its common to use full hd 1920x1080 ("picsender original" and "picsender HD" versions).

Another problem with touchscreens is the drop down menu for movement speeds is small, the little arrow for open the drop down menu (with finger it's difficult to touch it). Maybe 4 or 5 buttons for set the speed in 0.1-1-10-100 increments or another solution (and maybe better) is use the same system of probe window (I'm not programmer but maybe you can copy and modify this part of program and you know this part doesn't have problems with errors).

Sorry for my english (I'm from Barcelona, Catalonia).

If you have interest in make picsender more "touch screen friendly" i don't have problems for test it.

Picengraver
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengraver » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:35 pm

Thank you. We have had the same requests from a few others lately, and we are looking into it. While we agree it will be helpful to some users, we are also trying to keep the price for PicSender as low as we can so those with more limited budgets can also use it. The more complex PicSender becomes, the more we will have to charge for it to recover our production costs. Now, this does not mean we are ignoring the few requests we have received on this subject.

Thank you for your suggestions, and offer to do some testing. Much appreciated.
John Champlain

Return to “PicSender”