My new 6W

Show us the machines your using with our Pic Software.
Forum rules
Be Kind to other's.
No Cussing or Swearing.
Don't post anything Illegal or Obscene.
Image attachment size limit is 500 KiB.
Honk

Re: My new 6W

Postby Honk » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:36 pm

speed test).jpg
speed test).jpg (46.78 KiB) Viewed 11119 times
Ah your back on line. That thing I sent you has happened to me before.
Slower works, I'll have to try different drivers? Is there any way to test that? or did I just test it?
Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Jerry,

phpBB was doing maintenance and we have no control over that.

I suggested the Gshield V5 3axis driver that plugs directly into the Arduino UNO. That is what we use on our Shapeoko 2 and it's only $50. I'm reluctant to make anymore suggestions.

Jeff

Honk

Postby Honk » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:18 pm

duck1.jpg
duck1.jpg (85.77 KiB) Viewed 11090 times

I am starting to get something. It's a Duck.
I know speed is an issue with this big heavy Brutus so I've slowed stuff down a bit. I did this at 120 IPM, which is 4 times faster than my other laser. I think if I mess with it a little more I might be able to get some useable art. I HOPE. This is the first picture with The Fire Dragon.
Jerry PS the little blob in the right center is from an earlier test.

Honk

Postby Honk » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:15 am

Jeff
I had a little glitch yesterday. I clicked on the Pause and when I clicked on Resume it started but Y axes came on and PicSender was locked up but Y crashed. I know I need to redo my safety stops but I haven't needed them until yesterday.
Also I was wondering if there is a way to start up on a given line number? That would be nice so I could get a nap on the real long engraves.
Thanks Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:40 am

Hi Jerry,

There is no way to start on a different line of gcode with grbl. They can only start from the beginning of the file. I can only suggest using PicFRC to break up the file into smaller ones and plan your naps based on when one of the files ends.

A Pause should work as long as nothing on your PC disrupts it during your nap. Are all of your USB power managements disabled in the new PC you setup? Do you have a battery backup/voltage conditioner encase there is a power flicker while your napping?

Jeff

Honk

Postby Honk » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:36 pm

Jeff
I think I disabled all that when I set-up the first time also that update thing but Windows 10 is real goofy. I'll check again on my next start up.
No battery backup but I transfer files with my network and I might need to disable that thing too?
Thanks for the help
Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Yea, I'm not happy with Windows 10 either. I was looking at our RCA Tablet today to see if there was a way to downgrade it to Windows 8.1. Unfortunately not without buying a Win8.1 license key.

Honk

Postby Honk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:33 pm

I have something new not working.
I rewired my limits with coaxial, added resistors and capacitors and that now works great. I put the machine on a major diet, new stepper for Z, added 1 bazillion holes, new linear bearings on Z and X and it seems to be much better BUT! it will stop with the laser left on at what ever it stopped at. 10 Minutes, 30 Minutes or 10 seconds what ever it wants it just stops. I have to go to the Task Manager to turn it off. I tried with the limits turned off, I went into Windows 10 and turned off that update thing again also some virus thing from Windows keeps checking stuff, turned it off. I have grbl v9j.
crash diet.jpg
crash diet.jpg (122.97 KiB) Viewed 10566 times

I sure don't know what I messed up?
What do you think. Thanks Jerry

Picengravertoo
Full Access Moderator

Postby Picengravertoo » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:21 am

Hi Jerry,

Did you disable all the power managements including ones for the USB? Also did you save your previous settings from the J-Tech LaserMode grbl and send them to grbl 9j? I leave the Windows Defender program active, but disable the Auto scanning.

If you are running BobCad/Cam, you need a Post Processor for grbl. It may be adding commands that are not compadible and could lock grbl up. The G64 should not be added as it will effect the feedrate.

It sure looks lean and mean now. ;)

Jeff

Honk

Postby Honk » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:13 am

Jeff
I don't know about the Power Management, I will check. I'll need to re-fix Windows Defender, I turned it off and that virus check thing stopped.
I did not change to the 9J it was J from when we first loaded it. I am using some old G code files (PEP5) that worked good before I broke it. I'll Check Power Management and Windows Defender and try it again. Windows probably changed something again because I don't remember doing it.

I was working with it with BobCad before the tear-down and I had to remove the header and take the G64 out. It was running good and I was pretty sure I could get it to work.
Thanks Jerry

Return to “Show us your Machines”